Practicing with Safety and Confidence
CPEP’s Assessment and Reentry to Clinical Practice programs have worked with more than 2,000 physicians and others over 30 years. These programs give professionals the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate clinical competence, or
- Address areas of knowledge, skills, or judgment where improvements may be recommended
While CPEP’s intensive educational courses are appropriate for a broad range of clinicians, our assessment and reentry programs are specifically designed to meet the specific needs of three groups of clinicians:
- M.D.’s and D.O.’s
- Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
Clinical Competence Assessments
CPEP’s assessment program works with clinicians whose clinical skills, knowledge, and judgment have been called into question.
Our objective, comprehensive assessments give clinicians the opportunity to either demonstrate competence or to identify specific areas of improvement in their practice.
Most participants are referred by a regulatory or credentialing authority, while others are referred by their attorneys or contact us on their own.
Reentry to Clinical Practice (RCP)
Many clinicians step away from daily patient care for completely voluntary reasons. These may include a desire to raise a young family, explore other career options, or other lifestyle choices.
Often, these clinicians want to return to practice in a safe and confident manner.
CPEP’s RCP Program is here to help.
Streamlined Primary Care Reentry Program
CPEP’s Streamlined Primary Care Reentry Program combines two main components:
- A serious evaluation of skills that fulfills licensing and credentialing requirements for a demonstration of competence
- A practical education/re-entry plan that helps clinicians polish their clinical skills and provides guidance on how to navigate the reentry process with confidence