Improving Inter-Professional Communication: Working Effectively in Medical Teams
A Non-Profit Program for Physicians, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners
ALL CPEP IMPROVING INTER-PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION SEMINARS SCHEDULED THROUGH JUNE 2022 WILL BE CONDUCTED THROUGH VIDEO CONFERENCE
Live, interactive video-conference technology delivering high-impact, effective education to healthcare professionals without the need to travel
Harsh Communication can Undermine a Culture of Safety
Healthcare professionals often don’t realize how words, tone and actions impact others. At times, colleagues may intervene, and outside resources are often recommended. This course is designed to fulfill credentialing or licensing board requirements for remedial education. It is also suitable for healthcare professionals who simply wish to improve their skills in this critical area.
This course is designed to give clinicians the skills they need to employ professional and effective communication in the workplace. Participants gain insight into their own style and behavior through interactive small-group discussions and analysis of simulated workplace encounters.
Clinicians Finish with a Practical Plan of Action for:
- Repairing damaged relationships
- More effective stress management
- Increased resiliency and improved tolerance for frustration
Sometimes We all Need a Coach…
Optional coaching following the course is strongly recommended. This helps participants implement their Plan of Action and support positive change. For an additional fee, interested participants can enroll in the Professional Coaching Program to receive six months of coaching following completion of the seminar.
Improving Inter-Professional Communication is not designed to address:
- Significant disruptive behavior or anger management issues
- Physically aggressive behavior in the workplace
- Untreated mental health conditions such as substance abuse or psychiatric conditions
What You Need to Know
Where and when is the course offered?
Please Click Here for a list of available sessions. A list of the upcoming sessions is available at the bottom of this page.
How do I enroll in Improving Inter-Professional Communication?
Enrolling in Improving Inter-Professional Communication is easy. Simply Click Here to access the registration page.
What do others say about Improving Inter-Professional Communication?
“On the evening of the second day my son, feeling depressed and helpless about job prospects leaving college, called and I was able to help him with some of the coping strategies that we discussed that very day!”
Who is eligible for Improving Inter-Professional Communication?
This course is suitable for any physicians and advanced practice professionals who could benefit from an improved understanding of how they communicate with their colleagues, as well as strategies for improvement.
What’s the cost?
The cost for the course is $2,500. Optional Professional Coaching Program is available for a separate enrollment fee – please inquire.
What to expect after enrollment
- After your initial registration, you will receive a confirmation of enrollment within 48 – 72 hours
- Your confirmation e-mail will include readings to be completed prior to the session
- Approximately one month prior to the session you will receive a brief written assignment (a self-assessment survey and questions pertaining to your reason for participating in the program) as well as a DiSC Workplace Profile to complete
- If you are being referred by an employer or similar organization your colleagues will receive a survey asking them to rate your behavior across several metrics
What about CME credit?
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Memorial Hospital UCHealth and CPEP.
Memorial Hospital UCHealth is accredited by the Colorado Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Memorial Hospital UCHealth designates this live course for a maximum of 19.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Upcoming Improving Inter-Professional Communication Sessions
This course was developed in collaboration with the Colorado Nurses Association.
CPEP would like to thank COPIC Medical Foundation for their generous support of this seminar.