CPEP’s Streamlined Reentry Program
A streamlined process for Family Medicine and General Practice physicians with a Family Medicine Focus
Are You Looking to Get Back into Practice after a Voluntary Absence?
Many clinicians step away from daily patient care for completely voluntary reasons. These may include:
- A desire to raise a young family
- Time spent in administrative medicine or research
- Exploring non-medical career options, or other lifestyle choices
Often, these clinicians want to return to practice and want to do so in a safe and confident manner. CPEP’s RCP Program is here to help.
The Streamlined Approach
CPEP is launching a pilot program aimed at providing a streamlined, cost-effective approach to the reentry process. This program consists of the following components:
- An objective evaluation of the participants clinical knowledge, skills, and judgment
- A customized education plan designed to address any educational needs identified through the evaluation
- Two hours of one-on-one consultation with a CPEP Associate Medical Director in our Education Department
To qualify for this new streamlined approach, participants need to meet all of the following criteria:
- The participant must have left practice on a voluntary basis and not due to a disciplinary process or sanction
- The participant must be either a family medicine physician or a general practice physician with a focus on family medicine
- The participant’s time away from practice must be less than 10 years
What if You Don’t Qualify for the Streamlined Program?
- If a participant left practice due to sanction or discipline, we will most likely be able to work with them in our standard Clinical Competence Assessment program
- If a participant is from a specialty other than Family Medicine or General Practice or is a Physician Assistant or Advanced Practice Nurse, they can still qualify or our traditional Re-entry to Clinical Practice program
- If a participant left practice on a voluntary basis but has been out for 10 years or more, they can still qualify or our traditional Re-entry to Clinical Practice program