Streamlined Primary Care Reentry Program
Every year, many primary care physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners consider returning to patient care after a voluntary extended absence (raising a family, early retirement, etc.).
Licensing and credentialing authorities need confirmation that these clinicians are safe to practice and clinicians need a re-entry program that is timely, practical, and within their budget.
CPEP’s Streamlined Primary Care Reentry Program carefully balances all those needs. The program combines two main components:
- A serious evaluation of skills that fulfills licensing and credentialing requirements for a demonstration of competence
- A practical education/re-entry plan that helps clinicians polish their clinical skills and provides guidance on how to navigate the reentry process with confidence
Both the evaluation and the education/reentry plan can be completed from a participant’s home or office and do not require any travel.
Who Qualifies for this Program?
This program is appropriate for clinicians who:
- Plan to practice in an outpatient setting
- Have been away from direct patient care for fewer than 10 years
- Are trained in the following specialties:
- Family Medicine
- General Pediatrics
- Internal Medicine
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
The Streamlined Primary Care Reentry Program is not appropriate for clinicians in other specialties and is not appropriate for primary care clinicians whose time away from practice is due to disciplinary action. Clinicians in these categories should refer to CPEP’s legacy Reentry to Clinical Practice Program or Clinical Competence Assessment Program.
The fee for the Streamlined Primary Care Reentry Program is $6,750 and includes:
- Skills/competence evaluation
- Education plan
- Two hours of consulting on the re-entry process from our experienced education experts
Participants also qualify for significant discounts on other useful CPEP services (please call for details).
While the remote evaluation will be completed over a two-day period, the entire process from date of enrollment though issuance of the evaluation report and education/reentry plan is approximately 8 weeks.